Recipe by Marie Nixon
This recipe came with my Cusinart Ice Cream Maker. Although the recipe calls for fresh strawberries, I used 1 pint of frozen strawberries, thawed. I like this recipe because it does not call for raw egg.
- 1 pint strawberry, fresh, ripe, stemmed and sliced
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar, DIVIDED
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine the strawberries with the lemon juice and 1/3 cup of the sugar; stir gently and allow the strawberries to macerate in the juice for 2 hours.
- In a medium bowl, use a hand mixer or whisk to combine the milk and granulated sugar until the sugar is dissolved, about 1 - 2 minutes on low speed.
- Stir in the heavy cream plus any accumulated juices from the strawberries and vanilla. Turn the machine ON, pour mixture into freezer bowl through the ingredient spout and let mix until thickened, about 25 - 30 minutes.
- Add the sliced strawberries during the last 5 minutes of freezing. Optional - allow to ripen in the refrigerator for 2 hours.