Recipe by Abby Girl
There is nothing like fresh strawberry ice cream and this one is decadent!!! There are a couple of steps to this recipe, but your guests will appreciate your time and effort! This does not take into account chilling time
- 1 lb strawberry, hulled and sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree strawberries. Stir in 1/2 cup sugar and lemon juice and chill the mixture, covered for 2 hours.
- In a saucepan, combine the cream, milk and the remaining 1 cup sugar and scald the mixture over medium heat, constantly stirring.
- In a bowl, beat the egg yolks until they are light and thick. Add some of the milk mixture to the yolks, then carefully pour into the custard.
- Cook until it coats the back of a spoon. Chill. Combine the custard and the strawberry mixture.
- Process strawberry mixture in ice cream machine according to directions.