Recipe by Punky Julster
This recipe is a little different because it used fresh strawberries. The cook time is an estimate since I'm not sure about it.
Top Review by Simplifying Things
I don't know what I did wrong but it never got pass 220 degrees for me. I'm heart-sick because I used premium, juicy, freshly picked strawberries from Eckert's in IL. When I added the lemon juice to the boiling mixture, it curdled. That was not a good indicator, in my book. Save yourself a lot of TIME and disappointment and make some "Cinnamon Glazed Strawberries" to serve over vanilla ice cream instead!
- 12 ounces milk
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- butter, for buttering the pan
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice strawberries.
- Combine milk, sugar and butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil.
- Stir in strawberries and lemon juice.
- Keep stirring constantly and cook until fudge reaches 234°F (use candy thermometer to monitor temperature).
- Remove from heat and spread in buttered 8 by 10 inch pan.
- Let cool before cutting and serving.