Recipe by Marie
With the homegrown strawberry season fast approaching, I am looking forward to making this. It looks and sounds wonderful! Recipe from Taste of Home.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons strawberry gelatin
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- whipped cream, for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, combine crust ingredients and pat evenly over the bottom of a greased 13 x 9 baking pan.
- Bake at 300° for 25 minutes and cool.
- For filling, cream butter, cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Spread over cooled crust; cover and chill.
- For glaze, 2 to 3 hours before serving, combine sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan.
- Stir in water; cook and stir over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
- Cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat and stir in gelatin powder until dissolved.
- Stir in lemon juice and cool to lukewarm, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, arrange strawberries atop filling.
- Pour glaze over berries.
- Chill until serving.
- Top individual servings with a dollop of whipped cream.