1 hr 20 mins
In Spring, a foodie's fancy lightly turns to thoughts of . . . STRAWBERRIES! In-season, beautifully red, and invitingly luscious. Now, how about a special way to prepare them? No one could be so jaded as to not be bowled over by these delicious, fresh strawberry cupcakes with white chocolate buttercream frosting, topped with more fresh berries. No, this isn't a quick and simple recipe, but neither is it terribly challenging. It does take time, but made with love, these irresistible cupcakes will reward you and your loved ones. I made them for my little girl's third birthday (double recipe!). My only regret is that there were no leftovers!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups chopped strawberries (about 1-pint basket)
- 1 1/4 cups turbinado sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups cake flour (not self-rising)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 ounces white chocolate chips (do not use "baking chips," as they are not real chocolate!) or 6 ounces white chocolate baking bar (do not use "baking chips," as they are not real chocolate!)
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar (or more)
- 1 dozen fresh strawberries, cut in halves
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 18 standard-size muffin cups with paper liners.
- 2Cupcakes: Mix chopped strawberries, 1/4 cup granulated sugar and lemon rind in medium-size saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Add in corn starch mixed with a little water. Stir and cook a minute more until mixture is thickened. Spoon into a bowl; let cool completely.
- 3Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- 4Beat together butter and remaining 1 cup turbinado sugar in medium-size bowl until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each. Beat in vanilla.
- 5On low speed, beat flour mixture into butter mixture, alternating with cream, and ending with flour. Swirl in cooled strawberry mixture to create a marble pattern. Divide batter equally among prepared muffin cups.
- 6Bake in 350 degree F. oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until cupcakes are golden brown and they spring back when gently touched. Let cool completely before frosting them.
- 7Frosting: Melt white chocolate in a bowl over a pot of boiling water. Remove from heat. Stir in cream, butter, and sugar. Beat on high until light, fluffy, and well mixed (until little lumps are gone and the frosting holds it shape). You may need to add more confectioners' sugar to get the right consistency--not too loose, not too firm. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator until needed.
- 8Frost tops of cupcakes. Top each with glazed strawberry piece(s). Makes 18 cupcakes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Strawberry Cupcakes With White Chocolate Buttercream Frost
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 334.4
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 95.3 mg
- Sodium 222.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: