Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Heart of the Palms
Make and share this Fresh Strawberry Crumb Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and soda.
- Beat together egg, buttermilk and vanilla.
- Stir in butter.
- Pour into flour mixture, mixing until smooth.
- Spread batter into a buttered 9" round cake pan.
- Combine crumb topping ingredients.
- Cover batter with sliced strawberries and sprinkle with crumb topping.
- Bake at 375 for 40-45 minutes.
- Serve warm with whipped cream.
This was so quick and easy to put together! Delicious served warm and just as delicious the next morning for breakfast. Made for the Bargain Basement tag game.