- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and soda.
- Beat together egg, buttermilk and vanilla.
- Stir in butter.
- Pour into flour mixture, mixing until smooth.
- Spread batter into a buttered 9" round cake pan.
- Combine crumb topping ingredients.
- Cover batter with sliced strawberries and sprinkle with crumb topping.
- Bake at 375 for 40-45 minutes.
- Serve warm with whipped cream.