1/5 Photos of Fresh Strawberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
1 hr 10 mins
Marg (CaymanDesigns)'s Note:
From a recipe handout I got when I went picking strawberries. Moist and delicious! It taste like a strawberry cream cheese danish. It's easier than some recipes since the cream cheese is mixed into the batter and not used as a separate layer. You could also serve it as a dessert with ice cream on top like a cobbler.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Combine cream cheese, butter and sugar. Beat until light and fluffy.
- 3Stir in milk, eggs and vanilla.
- 4Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to cheese mixture and mix until smooth.
- 5Spread half the batter in a greased and floured 13x9 inch baking pan. (The batter is VERY thick. It works best to put little blobs of it across the whole pan and then spread them with a knife. One reviewer says they used a 8x8 inch pan, but I haven't so I can't vouch for how it will turn out or how long you need to bake it.).
- 6Spread berries evenly over batter. Dot remaining batter over berries. Mix brown sugar and nuts; sprinkle evenly over cake.
- 7Bake 40 minutes. Serve warm or cold.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Strawberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.0
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 54.6 mg
- Sodium 235.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 14.7 g
- Protein 4.3 g