From a recipe handout I got when I went picking strawberries. Moist and delicious! It taste like a strawberry cream cheese danish. It's easier than some recipes since the cream cheese is mixed into the batter and not used as a separate layer. You could also serve it as a dessert with ice cream on top like a cobbler.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine cream cheese, butter and sugar. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Stir in milk, eggs and vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to cheese mixture and mix until smooth.
- Spread half the batter in a greased and floured 13x9 inch baking pan. (The batter is VERY thick. It works best to put little blobs of it across the whole pan and then spread them with a knife. One reviewer says they used a 8x8 inch pan, but I haven't so I can't vouch for how it will turn out or how long you need to bake it.).
- Spread berries evenly over batter. Dot remaining batter over berries. Mix brown sugar and nuts; sprinkle evenly over cake.
- Bake 40 minutes. Serve warm or cold.