Recipe by ~Bliss~
Delicious way to use up all those strawberries you need to buy for this!! As a note: I've not made this yet. Several reviewers mentioned that the sauce was too thin, so you might want to read their suggestions prior to making the recipe.
Top Review by gross.s.e
This was pretty good - I made it for company tonight and everyone seemed to like it. However, I felt it was missing something...maybe it was the ice cream that others suggested! I did reduce the water in the sauce by about half, as suggested by others, and I think that was a wise move.
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup cold water
- additional berries (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Rinse and hull berries.
- Place berries in a 9” square pan and set aside.
- Combine flour, 1/2 Cup sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Use a pastry blender or two knives to cut in margarine until coarse crumbs form.
- Stir in milk.
- Spoon the mixture over the berries.
- Combine the remaining 3/4 Cup sugar and cornstarch in a large bowl.
- Stir in water until sugar mixture dissolves.
- Pour over berry mixture.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve warm or cool, garnished with additional berries.