Delicious way to use up all those strawberries you need to buy for this!! As a note: I've not made this yet. Several reviewers mentioned that the sauce was too thin, so you might want to read their suggestions prior to making the recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Rinse and hull berries.
- Place berries in a 9” square pan and set aside.
- Combine flour, 1/2 Cup sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Use a pastry blender or two knives to cut in margarine until coarse crumbs form.
- Stir in milk.
- Spoon the mixture over the berries.
- Combine the remaining 3/4 Cup sugar and cornstarch in a large bowl.
- Stir in water until sugar mixture dissolves.
- Pour over berry mixture.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve warm or cool, garnished with additional berries.