Recipe by sweetcakes
:) This makes a huge amount of dessert, so this would be great for potlucks or barbecues. This tastes like a version of strawberry shortcake with a white cake mix.
- 18 ounces white cake mix
- 1 (14 ounce) caneagle brand sweetened milk
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 2 (4 3/4 ounce) packages strawberry-flavor danish dessert mix
- 3 cups fresh sliced strawberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Make white cake in a 9x13 inch pan and set aside to cool.
- Mix together the sweetened milk, lemon juice and soft cream cheese until well combined and creamy.
- Cook Danish Dessert with directions on box for pie glaze. When cooled somewhat, add strawberries.
- When everything is cooled, spread cream cheese on top of cake, then spread strawberry mix on top of that.
- Put in refrigerator to set.