Recipe by Kim D.
I make this cake at least once every summer, when fresh strawberries are in season. It's delicious! I found the recipe in a cook book titled, "A World of Baking".
- 532.32 ml sifted cake flour
- 1.23 ml salt
- 12.32 ml baking powder
- 118.29 ml butter
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 177.44 ml fresh crushed strawberry, unsweetened
- 118.29-177.44 ml crushed strawberry
- 236.59 ml powdered sugar
- 29.58 ml butter, melted
- 2.46 ml vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- FOR CAKE: Sift together: flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, combine butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Beat for a total of 3 minutes, scrapping the sides of the bowl.
- Then add flour mixture to creamed mixture, alternating with strawberries.
- Beat for two minutes.
- Pour batter into two 8-inch round greased and floured cake pans.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until cake tests done.
- Turn out on to wire cooling racks to cool.
- When cool, top with Strawberry Glaze.
- FOR STRAWBERRY GLAZE: Mix together all ingredients.
- Use enough strawberries to thin mixture.