I make this cake at least once every summer, when fresh strawberries are in season. It's delicious! I found the recipe in a cook book titled, "A World of Baking".
- 2 1⁄4 cups sifted cake flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup fresh crushed strawberry, unsweetened
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup crushed strawberry
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- FOR CAKE: Sift together: flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, combine butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Beat for a total of 3 minutes, scrapping the sides of the bowl.
- Then add flour mixture to creamed mixture, alternating with strawberries.
- Beat for two minutes.
- Pour batter into two 8-inch round greased and floured cake pans.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until cake tests done.
- Turn out on to wire cooling racks to cool.
- When cool, top with Strawberry Glaze.
- FOR STRAWBERRY GLAZE: Mix together all ingredients.
- Use enough strawberries to thin mixture.