Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I make this cake at least once every summer, when fresh strawberries are in season. It's delicious! I found the recipe in a cook book titled, "A World of Baking".
- 2 1⁄4 cups sifted cake flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup fresh crushed strawberry, unsweetened
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup crushed strawberry
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- FOR CAKE: Sift together: flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, combine butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Beat for a total of 3 minutes, scrapping the sides of the bowl.
- Then add flour mixture to creamed mixture, alternating with strawberries.
- Beat for two minutes.
- Pour batter into two 8-inch round greased and floured cake pans.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until cake tests done.
- Turn out on to wire cooling racks to cool.
- When cool, top with Strawberry Glaze.
- FOR STRAWBERRY GLAZE: Mix together all ingredients.
- Use enough strawberries to thin mixture.
This is the BEST strawberry cake recipe! Everyone loved it! I increased powdered sugar in glaze to a more frosting consistency--delicious!
Now this is some cake. My Mee-Maw used to make this. I am very happy to have found the recipe. I made this for Labor Day and it was such a hit. The fresh berries make this out of this world. Very rich and sweet. The cake was also nice and moist. Thanks for posting.
YUM!. Made this and took it into work, everyone loved it. Will be making this cake regularly while strawberries are in season. Didn't need to change anything in this recipe. This is as good as the strawberry muffin recipe from this site.