1/16 Photos of Fresh Strawberry Cake
Kim D.'s Note:
I make this cake at least once every summer, when fresh strawberries are in season. It's delicious! I found the recipe in a cook book titled, "A World of Baking".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/4 cups sifted cake flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup fresh crushed strawberry, unsweetened
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2FOR CAKE: Sift together: flour, salt, and baking powder.
- 3In a separate bowl, combine butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- 4Beat for a total of 3 minutes, scrapping the sides of the bowl.
- 5Then add flour mixture to creamed mixture, alternating with strawberries.
- 6Beat for two minutes.
- 7Pour batter into two 8-inch round greased and floured cake pans.
- 8Bake in pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until cake tests done.
- 9Turn out on to wire cooling racks to cool.
- 10When cool, top with Strawberry Glaze.
- 11FOR STRAWBERRY GLAZE: Mix together all ingredients.
- 12Use enough strawberries to thin mixture.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Strawberry Cake
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.1
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 42.3 mg
- Sodium 166.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 26.7 g
- Protein 2.5 g