Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my DH's favorite omelet to make. It's absolutely delicious. It tastes best when the strawberries are nice and fresh....yummy!!!!
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled & sliced
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup egg substitute or 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, divided
- Combine strawberries, banana, sugar, lemon peel& juice in medium bowl; mix lightly; cover; let stand 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix eggs and salt with fork in small bowl.
- Heat 1 tbsp butter in skillet; pour in half of egg mixture (about 1/2 cup); mixture should set at edges at once.
- With back of pancake turner push cooked portions of edges toward center so that uncooked portions flow underneath; slide pan rapidly back& forth over heat to keep mixture in motion.
- While top is still moist& creamy-looking spoon 1/2 cup fruit mixture over half of omelet; with pancake turner, fold in half; turn onto platter; keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining butter, egg mixture& 1/2 cup fruit mixture.
- Top omelets with remaining fruit mixture.
5 star for sure . Lovely refreshing taste. I didn't add the sugar , cut the recipe in half and otherwise followed everything. I will make this again using blueberries & Banana. Tasty & Heakthy Thanks for posting.