Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
In 'Rustic Fruit Desserts' by Cory Schreiber and Julie Richardson
Make and share this Fresh Strawberry and Ricotta Tart recipe from Food.com.
- 1 baked tart crust, cooled, baked in 10-inch fluted tart pan with a removable bottom
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese (8 oz.)
- 2⁄3 cup cream cheese, at room temperature (6 oz.)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar (5 1/4 oz.)
- 1⁄2 vanilla bean, seeds scraped from
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 pints strawberries, hulled and halved if large
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Using a handheld mixer with beaters or a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, mix the ricotta, cream cheese, sugar, vanilla bean seeds, salt, and nutmeg on medium speed.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating until smooth after each addition and scraping down the sides of the bowl occasionally.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Pour the filling into the prebaked tart shell and bake in the middle of the oven for 30 minutes or until the edges have puffed up but the middle is still quite wobbly (do not worry; as the tart cools, the center will firm up).
- Cool to room temperature on a wire rack, then chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Just before serving, put the strawberries in a bowl.
- Warm the strawberry jam in a small saucepan over low heat, then strain the jam over the strawberries and toss to coat.
- Arrange the berries on top of the tart and serve immediately.
- The tart can be made a day in advance, but top with the strawberries just before serving.
- Covered with plastic wrap, any leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.