Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I am going to try and make these as individual serving size as well. This makes a pretty juicy dessert. The juice is great spooned over ice cream or just on top of the biscuits. This is not overly sweet. Recipe Source: Relish Mag
- 4 cups medium strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 cup sliced fresh peach
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- To prepare the filling, combine strawberries and next 5 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir well. Spoon strawberry mixture into a 10-inch deep-dish pie plate or 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- To prepare the biscuit topping, combine flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder and salt. Add butter, working with your fingers until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in buttermilk. Drop dough by tablespoons over strawberry mixture. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake 25 minutes or until strawberry mixture is bubbly and biscuits are browned.