Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
I made this for dh this morning and he loved it. I am going to try making it with an egg substitute and see how it comes out.
- 3 1⁄2 ounces fresh strawberries, washed, stemmed and sliced
- 1 tablespoon strawberry preserves
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 ounce sweet vermouth
- sour cream
- 1 whole strawberry (to garnish)
- Toss sliced strawberries with preserves and sugar to coat; set aside.
- Heat an 8-inch omelette pan over medium high heat.
- Add butter or margarine, heating until bubbly.
- Pour in eggs; cook until set on the bottom but still moist, lifting edges gently with rubber spatula and rotating pan to let uncooked eggs run under.
- Spoon strawberry mixture over half of the eggs.
- Cook just until eggs fluff.
- Remove from pan; sprinkle with vermouth.
- Fold in half to enclose filling; slide onto serving plate.
- Top with sour cream and whole strawberry.