Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Tyler's Ultimate. You might consider cutting the red wine sauce in half as it makes plenty.
- 3 cups full-bodied red wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- orange peel (4 to 5 strips,1 inch wide, 3 inches long)
- 1⁄4 orange-flavored liqueur (recommended ( Grand Marnier)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream, refrigerated
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 pints fresh strawberries
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- In a large saucepan add red wine, sugar, orange peel and orange-flavored liqueur. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 30 minutes over low-heat until slightly syrupy and liquid has reduced by half. Set aside and cool in the refrigerator. Strain.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sour cream with confectioners' sugar. Take a large platter and make a smear of the sweet sour cream. Arrange the strawberries with the bottoms down in the sour cream. Pour over the red wine sauce and dust the entire plate with confectioners' sugar.
I also cut the sauce to 1/3. Perfect with strawberries!
This is SO simple and yet so elegant! I agree, with the reduction of the sauce, I only made 1/3 and it was plenty. This would be great with other fruits as well...even a parfait style by layering berries and cream then drizzling the wine sauce over it all. Thanks for posting cookiedog!