Recipe by Marie
A wonderful yummy quick bread made with fresh strawberries and sour cream. Makes a great addition to a brunch table. Recipe found on the internet.
Top Review by Mom2girls
This was a really simple recipe and the bread turned out really moist. My loaves were a little underdone even though the toothpick came out clean, I think because I used the lowfat sour cream it was too watery. The cinnamon was a little overpowering so next time I will reduce the amount. I gave some to my parents and in-laws and they loved it. All in all a great way to use strawberries.
- 1⁄2 cup soft butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, then add sour cream and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients and stir into creamed mixture just until moistened.
- Fold in strawberries and 1/2 c nuts.
- Pour into greased 8x4x2 loaf pan and sprinkle with remaining nuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 65 to 70- minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes, then remove from pan to wire rack to cool completely.