Recipe by blancpage
Copied this from the Florida's Natural Orange Juice website. This recipe was featured recently in one of their e-mail newsletters. Copied it to 'Zaar to share and for safekeeping. I did have to reword the original recipe a bit in order to conform to 'Zaar, however, it's pretty much the same as on the originating website. The Florida's Natural website describes this recipe: "Here's a healthy omelet recipe to start your day right." I have not tried this yet, but it sounds delicious and healthy. Prep and cook times are a guess, but the website indicated this recipe serves 2. If you get to try it, please let me know how it turns out.
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
Yummmmm. This omelet came out very moist & fluffy. I was concerned the oj would overpower the eggs so I added 1 Tbsp of yogurt also. I used Egg Beaters & increased the turkey bacon abit. Fabulous flavour, thanks for sharing.
- 2 slices turkey bacon, chopped (or 1/4 cup diced lean ham)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons orange juice (Florida's Natural Brand Premium Orange Juice)
- 1⁄4 cup spinach, fresh and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 ounce low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook turkey bacon in skillet; add spinach and red bell pepper and sauté for one minute.
- Combine eggs and orange juice, mix until smooth, and then add to skillet.
- Cover and cook on low until omelet is firm.
- Sprinkle cheese on omelet, gently fold omelet in half, and cook for an additional 30 seconds to melt cheese. Serves two.
- To maximize the brainpower value of this omelet, serve it with a piece of whole-wheat toast with raspberry jam and a glass of Florida's Natural Brand Premium Orange Juice.