Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Copied this from the Florida's Natural Orange Juice website. This recipe was featured recently in one of their e-mail newsletters. Copied it to 'Zaar to share and for safekeeping. I did have to reword the original recipe a bit in order to conform to 'Zaar, however, it's pretty much the same as on the originating website. The Florida's Natural website describes this recipe: "Here's a healthy omelet recipe to start your day right." I have not tried this yet, but it sounds delicious and healthy. Prep and cook times are a guess, but the website indicated this recipe serves 2. If you get to try it, please let me know how it turns out.
- Cook turkey bacon in skillet; add spinach and red bell pepper and sauté for one minute.
- Combine eggs and orange juice, mix until smooth, and then add to skillet.
- Cover and cook on low until omelet is firm.
- Sprinkle cheese on omelet, gently fold omelet in half, and cook for an additional 30 seconds to melt cheese. Serves two.
- To maximize the brainpower value of this omelet, serve it with a piece of whole-wheat toast with raspberry jam and a glass of Florida's Natural Brand Premium Orange Juice.
Yummmmm. This omelet came out very moist & fluffy. I was concerned the oj would overpower the eggs so I added 1 Tbsp of yogurt also. I used Egg Beaters & increased the turkey bacon abit. Fabulous flavour, thanks for sharing.
Yummy breakfast! I usually have cereal or a smoothie, so this was a treat for me this morning. I used Egg Beaters in place of the eggs. I could see adding in some onion next time, too. Thanks for the great breakfast recipe, blancpage! I need to treat myself more often. :D