Recipe by Pinay0618
This sauce recipe is closest to the sauce served at our favorite pho restaurant. From Betty Crocker.
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup coconut milk (not cream of coconut)
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped gingerroot
- 2 -3 tablespoons water
- 3 ounces uncooked thin rice stick noodles
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot (1 medium)
- 1⁄3 cup julienne-cut fresh basil leaf
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small serrano chili, seeded, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 12 spring roll rice paper sheets (about 8 1/2 inch)
- 12 small leaves butter lettuce, tough centers removed
- 3⁄4 cup dry roasted salted peanut
- 1 cup cascadian farm organic frozen shelled edamame, cooked, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bowl, beat sauce ingredients with whisk, adding enough water for desired consistency. Cover; refrigerate until serving time.
- Fill 3-quart saucepan two-thirds with water; heat to boiling. Add rice stick noodles; boil gently 3 minutes or just until noodles are tender. Rinse with cold water; drain. Transfer to large bowl. With scissors, cut rice noodles into about 3-inch lengths. Stir in carrot, basil, cilantro, chile and 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce.
- Fill 9-inch round shallow pan with hot water (110°F); place clean, damp paper towel on work surface. Dip 1 rice paper wrapper in water about 5 seconds or just until pliable; place on towel. Place lettuce leaf on lower third of wrapper. Spoon scant 1/3 cup noodle mixture on lettuce. Sprinkle with about 1 tablespoon peanuts and heaping tablespoon edamame. Starting with edge covered with fillings, roll up wrapper over fillings, stopping after first turn to tuck in sides. Continue to roll up, tucking in sides. Place seam side down on serving platter. Repeat with remaining wrappers and fillings, placing on platter without sides touching.
- Serve immediately, or cover with moist paper towels and refrigerate up to 2 hours. To serve, cut each roll in half diagonally. Stir sauce; serve with spring rolls.