1/1 Photo of Fresh Spring Rolls With Dipping Sauce
Cooking Light, April 2004
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon chili paste with garlic
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1To prepare sauce, combine first 7 ingredients, stirring with a whisk until sugar dissolves; set aside.
- 2To prepare spring rolls, add hot water to a large, shallow dish to a depth of 1 inch. Place 1 rice paper sheet in dish; let stand 30 seconds or just until soft. Place rice paper sheet on a flat surface.
- 3Arrange 1 lettuce piece in center of sheet. Top with 1/4 cup sprouts, 3 carrot strips, 3 cucumber strips, 3 bell pepper strips, 4 shrimp halves, and 3 mint leaves.
- 4Fold sides of sheet over filling; roll up jelly-roll fashion. Gently press seam to seal. Place spring roll, seam side down, on a serving platter (cover to prevent drying).
- 5Repeat procedure with remaining rice paper, lettuce, sprouts, carrot, cucumber, bell pepper, shrimp, and mint. Serve with dipping sauce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Spring Rolls With Dipping Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 106.1
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 51.4 mg
- Sodium 448.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chili paste with garlic