Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Cooking Light, April 2004
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon chili paste with garlic
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 sheets rice paper (8 inch round)
- 3 leaves green leaf lettuce, quartered
- 3 cups fresh broccoli sprouts or 3 cups alfalfa sprouts
- 3 carrots, juilienned
- 2 cucumbers, juilienned
- 2 yellow bell peppers, juilienned
- 24 medium shrimp, cooked, peeled, and halved lengthwise
- 36 fresh mint leaves
- To prepare sauce, combine first 7 ingredients, stirring with a whisk until sugar dissolves; set aside.
- To prepare spring rolls, add hot water to a large, shallow dish to a depth of 1 inch. Place 1 rice paper sheet in dish; let stand 30 seconds or just until soft. Place rice paper sheet on a flat surface.
- Arrange 1 lettuce piece in center of sheet. Top with 1/4 cup sprouts, 3 carrot strips, 3 cucumber strips, 3 bell pepper strips, 4 shrimp halves, and 3 mint leaves.
- Fold sides of sheet over filling; roll up jelly-roll fashion. Gently press seam to seal. Place spring roll, seam side down, on a serving platter (cover to prevent drying).
- Repeat procedure with remaining rice paper, lettuce, sprouts, carrot, cucumber, bell pepper, shrimp, and mint. Serve with dipping sauce.