Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Use Garden fresh veggies and herbs for this recipe. From Green Guide.
Make and share this Fresh Spring Onion and Quinoa Risotto recipe from Food.com.
- Rinse the quinoa well under running water for 1 to 2 minutes, until the water runs clear.
- Bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan and add the quinoa. Cover the pan, lower the heat and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. The quinoa should have halos. Let sit for 5 minutes with the cover removed.
- While the quinoa is cooking, heat the oil and saute spring onions until tender, about 6 to 8 minutes. It is okay to let the onions caramelize a little. Add the vermouth and cook 1 minute more.
- Add the cooked quinoa to the sauté pan and blend well with the cooked onions and vermouth. Add the fresh tarragon and cook 1 minute more.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve.
This will serve 2 as a main or 4 as a side. It is very easy to put together and does not take long to cook. I used a bunch of spring onions as the ones sitting on the supermarket shelf looked a little skinny I also used freeze dried tarragon as I forgot to buy fresh. I found the dish tasty but a little bland - this could have been the tarragon though. I served mine with a big fat grilled portabello mushroom which really brought an extra something to it.