Recipe by Ms B.
I found this in an old cookbook lent to me by a friend. It seemed like an easy comfort food recipe that could be prepared from ingredients that I usually have on hand, and wouldn't take a lot of effort on a tired night. Similar to ground beef stroganoff with spinach and bacon stirred in, my hubby loved it.
Top Review by waynejohn1234
Love this dish and it is very versatile. I think I had a similar recipe several yrs. back but had forgotten it. Feel that the combination of the sour cream and spinach is really what makes this so good.
- 2 lbs spinach, washed and stems removed
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- 5 slices bacon, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté onion and bacon until cooked.
- Add beef and cook until brown.
- Add minced garlic and spinach.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add broth, bouillon crystals, red pepper flakes, and sour cream.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- This can be served with rice or noodles and topped with Parmesan Cheese.