Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this in an old cookbook lent to me by a friend. It seemed like an easy comfort food recipe that could be prepared from ingredients that I usually have on hand, and wouldn't take a lot of effort on a tired night. Similar to ground beef stroganoff with spinach and bacon stirred in, my hubby loved it.
- Sauté onion and bacon until cooked.
- Add beef and cook until brown.
- Add minced garlic and spinach.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add broth, bouillon crystals, red pepper flakes, and sour cream.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- This can be served with rice or noodles and topped with Parmesan Cheese.
Love this dish and it is very versatile. I think I had a similar recipe several yrs. back but had forgotten it. Feel that the combination of the sour cream and spinach is really what makes this so good.
We loved it! I added the garlic while browning the onions and added some potatoes (cubed) since i didn't have rice today and we were gonna have it with bread. It turned to be quite the dish. My 3 year old managed to eat a whole bowl of the meal! I was so happy to get vegetables in our meal. The squeeze of lemon is critical! Will definitely be a family regular. Thanks for sharing.
This is easy and used what was on hand. I added some rice to it, that used up the excess liquid. Very tasty dish,