1/4 Photos of Fresh Spinach Soup
A great soup for spinach lovers!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook, drain, and chop the spinach; set aside.
- 2Saute the mushrooms and scallions in the butter in a saucepan until tender.
- 3Whisk in the flour.
- 4Gradually add the chicken broth and mix well. Stir in the milk and mix well. Reduce heat. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- 5Stir in the Swiss cheese, cream cheese, salt, and nutmeg. Add pepper to taste. Cook until the cheeses melt, stirring constantly.
- 6Add the cooked spinach and mix well. Cook just until heated through, stirring gently.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Spinach Soup
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 491.4
- Calories from Fat 336
- Total Fat 37.4 g
- Saturated Fat 22.5 g
- Cholesterol 111.3 mg
- Sodium 1070.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 20.3 g