Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a wonderful salad that always is enjoyed everytime I make it.
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons salad oil
- 8 cups crisp young spinach, hard stems removed (about 2 - 2 1/2 lbs)
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 8 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
- 2 -3 green onions, chopped fine
- fresh mushrooms, t-shaped
- fresh cauliflower
- Put first 7 ingredients in a screw top jar and shake to mix.
- Prepare remaining ingredients and add dressing just before serving.
An excellent salad! I don't like green onions so I left that out. The dressing was very tasty. I will be definitely adding this recipe to my entertaining favourites list. Try it and you will enjoy it.
A very good salad, I had everything on hand except the cauliflower, will add that next time, the dressing was very tangy and the amount specified was enough to coat a very large bowl of spinach. I will definitely make this again.
A great spinach salad. The only thing I did to this recipe was reduce the bacon to 4 slices. It was really good! I think next time I make this I will add some grilled chicken breast and make it a meal!