This is a healthy and satisfying soup using vegetable broth and fresh spinach. I use a refrigerated asparagus, gruyere cheese filled ravioli when making this recipe. However any tortellini or ravioli that you prefer will do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 9 ounces refrigerated ravioli (vegetable, cheese, mushroom or combination. If frozen, thaw)
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped (if in oil rinse)
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach leaves, packed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- freshly grated parmesan cheese, to taste
- 1Bring vegetable broth to boil in a 3 1/2-4 qt stockpot, over high heat.
- 2Add ravioli; reduce to simmer; cook gently 4 minutes.
- 3Add diced canned tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, sweet onion and garlic; simmer gently additional 5 minutes.
- 4Add fresh baby spinach leaves, basil, oregano, cayenne; simmer until spinach is wilted.
- 5Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 6Serve bowls and sprinkle with Freshly grated Parmesan Cheese.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Spinach and Ravioli Soup
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 44.0
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 94.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low sodium vegetable broth