Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a healthy and satisfying soup using vegetable broth and fresh spinach. I use a refrigerated asparagus, gruyere cheese filled ravioli when making this recipe. However any tortellini or ravioli that you prefer will do.
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 9 ounces refrigerated ravioli (vegetable, cheese, mushroom or combination. If frozen, thaw)
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped (if in oil rinse)
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach leaves, packed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- freshly grated parmesan cheese, to taste
- Bring vegetable broth to boil in a 3 1/2-4 qt stockpot, over high heat.
- Add ravioli; reduce to simmer; cook gently 4 minutes.
- Add diced canned tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, sweet onion and garlic; simmer gently additional 5 minutes.
- Add fresh baby spinach leaves, basil, oregano, cayenne; simmer until spinach is wilted.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve bowls and sprinkle with Freshly grated Parmesan Cheese.