I found this in a diabetic cookbooklet and thought I would share.
Make and share this Fresh Spinach and Couscous Salad/Feta Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat couscous, dry
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped coarsely, packed
- 1 cup garbanzo beans, washed
- 1 ounce salami, sliced thinly, diced
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can black olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons vinaigrette, fat free
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 ounces feta cheese with dried basil and tomato, crumbled
- Heat water in a microwave bowl until boiling.
- Remove from microwave and stir in couscous; cover with plastic wrap and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Place couscous in fine mesh strainer and rinse under cold water until cooled; drain well.
- Combine remaining ingredients, except feta, in a large bowl.
- Add couscous to spinach mixture and stir until blended.
- Add cheese; toss gently.