1/2 Photos of Fresh Spinach and Couscous Salad/Feta Cheese
I found this in a diabetic cookbooklet and thought I would share.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup whole wheat couscous, dry
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped coarsely, packed
- 1 cup garbanzo beans, washed
- 1 ounce salami, sliced thinly, diced
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can black olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons vinaigrette, fat free
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 ounces feta cheese with dried basil and tomato, crumbled
- 1Heat water in a microwave bowl until boiling.
- 2Remove from microwave and stir in couscous; cover with plastic wrap and let stand for 5 minutes.
- 3Place couscous in fine mesh strainer and rinse under cold water until cooled; drain well.
- 4Combine remaining ingredients, except feta, in a large bowl.
- 5Add couscous to spinach mixture and stir until blended.
- 6Add cheese; toss gently.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Spinach and Couscous Salad/Feta Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.5
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 386.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat couscous
feta cheese with dried basil and tomato