1/2 Photos of Fresh Spaghetti Squash Casserole
1 hr 15 mins
TexasToast R's Note:
We grow fresh spaghetti squash in our garden, and this is about our favorite way to eat it. We usually leave the mushrooms out. My kids ask for seconds every time! It looks hard only because the ingredient list is a little long with all those herbs and seasonings. It is really quite easy to prepare.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (about 8 inches)
- 236.59 ml water
- 14.79 ml butter
- 236.59 ml chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 226.79 g fresh mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 2 fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- 2.46 ml dried oregano
- 1.23 ml dried thyme
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 236.59 ml cottage cheese
- 236.59 ml shredded mozzarella cheese
- 59.14 ml finely chopped parsley
- 236.59 ml dry breadcrumbs
- 59.14 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 1Slice the squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Place squash, cut side down, in a baking dish. Add water and cover tightly with foil. Bake at 375° for 20-30 minutes or until easily pierced with a fork.
- 2Meanwhile, melt butter in skillet. Add the onion, garlic, mushrooms, herbs and seasonings; sauté until onion is transparent. Add the tomatoes; cook until most of the liquid has evaporated. Set aside.
- 3Scoop out the squash, separating strands with a fork.
- 4Combine squash, tomato mixture and all remaining ingredients except Parmesan cheese. Pour into a greased 2-qt. casserole. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 5Bake, uncovered at 375° for 40 minutes or until heated through and top is golden brown.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Spaghetti Squash Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.3
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 29.4 mg
- Sodium 665.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 13.2 g