Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A true fresh and wholesome salsa that can easily be altered to suit one's taste. Every year I experiment to come up with different heat factors! There hasn't been a bad batch yet! A very close and dear friend shared this recipe with me a few years back and I have never had to buy the store boughten stuff again.
- Put all ingredients listed above in large pot and heat to a boil.
- Stirring every couple of minutes to thoroughly mix.
- Pour into clean canning jars with new lids leaving 1/2" head space.
- Process 30 minutes in a hot water bath.
- *Pleasenote*-Tomato paste is not needed if using Roma tomatoes.
- If using large green peppers and onions from grocery store you can reduce the amounts by half.
This is a winner. I decided to try a new salsa recipoe this year and I will be making this one again. I made as stated and used about 1/2 roma and 1/2 regular tomatoes. I used one 8 oz can paste and added about 3 T of sugar to the mix. Great combo of spicy and sweet. DH loved it. I got 9 pints out of the recipe. I think that 8 quarts might be a typo in the servings.
This is the best tasting and easy salsa recipe I have ever made. I will definitely be making this again.
best salsa ever