Recipe by Mama T of Two
I went to a local fish house and feel in love with their shrimp tacos. I have recreated them, and my family just loves them
- 2 lbs raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 10 ounces shredded cabbage
- 4 diced roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 10 green onions, chopped (SEPARATED)
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped (SEPARATED)
- 2 cups grated Mexican blend cheese or 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 5 limes (SEPARATED)
- 16 white corn tortillas, fried in oil to soften
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄8 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Shrimp Marinade:.
- Mix oil, water, taco seasoning packet, 3 of the chopped green onions, 2 tablespoons of cilantro, and the juice from 2 limes and add to a ziplock baggie.
- Add shrimp to the bag.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Place shrimp on skewers and bbq at low heat until pink.
- Place on fried taco shells with cabbage, onions, tomatoes, and cheese.
- Squeeze lime on top for an added flavor.
- I like to add a little of tabasco or tapito to the top for added flavor.