Good basic pasta recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Thoroughly sift together all-purpose flour, semolina flour, and pinch of salt.
- 2On a clean surface, make a mountain out of flour mixture then make a deep well in center.
- 3Break the eggs into the well and add olive oil.
- 4Whisk eggs very gently with a fork, gradually incorporating flour from the sides of the well.
- 5When mixture becomes too thick to mix with a fork, begin kneading with your hands.
- 6Knead dough for 8 to 12 minutes, until it is smooth and supple.
- 7Dust dough and work surface with semolina as needed to keep dough from becoming sticky.
- 8Wrap dough tightly in plastic and allow it to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- 9Roll out dough with a pasta machine or a rolling pin to desired thickness.
- 10Cut into your favorite style of noodle or stuff with your favorite filling to make ravioli.
- 11Bring water to a boil in a large pot, then add 4 teaspoons salt.
- 12Cook pasta until tender but not mushy, 1 to 8 minutes depending on thickness.
- 13Drain immediately and toss with your favorite sauce.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Semolina and Egg Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 463.3
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 186.0 mg
- Sodium 98.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 17.6 g