This is a meal on its own. But if you'd like to stretch for more servings, serve with some, greens or garlic bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 dry shallots, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, cleaned and quartered
- 1 lb fresh scallops, washed
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups clam juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup gruyere cheese, grated
- cooked rotini, enough for 4 servings (spiral pasta)
- parmesan cheese, grated
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1place shallots, mushrooms, scallops, parsley, wine and clam juice in saute pan. season with salt and pepper. cover with sheet of waxed paper touching surface of food. bring to a boil over meadium heat, then remove immediately from heat, let stand 3 minutes.
- 2use slotted spoon to remove scallops and transfer to a bowl, set scallops aside.
- 3return saute pan to stove, cook contents of pan for 7 minutes over medium heat, then set aside.
- 4heat butter in saucepan over medium heat. add flour, mix with wooden spoon and cook for 2 minutes over low heat.
- 5add cooking liquid and mushrooms to flour mixture. mix well and cook 5 minutes over low heat.
- 6add gruyere cheese and scallops. mix and simmer 3 minutes over very low heat.
- 7add hot pasta, mix and simmer another 3 minutes.
- 8serve with grated parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Scallops in White Wine over Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (328 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.8
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 67.6 mg
- Sodium 603.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 26.1 g