Recipe by daisygrl64
This is a meal on its own. But if you'd like to stretch for more servings, serve with some, greens or garlic bread.
Top Review by Realtor by day, Chef by night
I loved this! It's my new favorite way to do scallops. I switched out the clam juice and used chicken broth instead and I put them over steamed broccoli instead of pasta because I'm watching my carbs. Yummy dish! Thanks, daisygrl64!
- 2 dry shallots, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, cleaned and quartered
- 1 lb fresh scallops, washed
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups clam juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup gruyere cheese, grated
- cooked rotini, enough for 4 servings (spiral pasta)
- parmesan cheese, grated
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- place shallots, mushrooms, scallops, parsley, wine and clam juice in saute pan. season with salt and pepper. cover with sheet of waxed paper touching surface of food. bring to a boil over meadium heat, then remove immediately from heat, let stand 3 minutes.
- use slotted spoon to remove scallops and transfer to a bowl, set scallops aside.
- return saute pan to stove, cook contents of pan for 7 minutes over medium heat, then set aside.
- heat butter in saucepan over medium heat. add flour, mix with wooden spoon and cook for 2 minutes over low heat.
- add cooking liquid and mushrooms to flour mixture. mix well and cook 5 minutes over low heat.
- add gruyere cheese and scallops. mix and simmer 3 minutes over very low heat.
- add hot pasta, mix and simmer another 3 minutes.
- serve with grated parmesan cheese.