Prep 3 mins
Cook 12 mins
From a Giant Eagle card (Pittsburgh supermarket) circa 1980's.
- 1 lb fresh scallops
- flour, for dredging
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, drawn
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Dredge scallops in flour.
- Heat oil in large skillet with butter.
- Add garlic and brown; as soon as it browns, add scallops and saute till lightly colored, about 8 minutes.
- Add white wine at the last minute (should take 15 total minutes to cook).