Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
Mmm,this sounds like something you would order up in a fancy little diner!
Top Review by Pam-I-Am
I love the flavor of sausage with maple syrup. I used some link sausage I had leftover from another breakfast. I just pan fried it and cut it up into pieces. Made a very tasty breakfast! I did add less baking powder as I felt 1 tablespoon was way too much for the amount of flour. 1 teaspoon was plenty. Thanks for the idea.
- 1⁄2 lb pork sausage
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In skillet,on medium heat brown the sausage.
- Drain fat well,on paper towels.
- In a medium mixing bowl,mix the milk,eggs and butter.
- Mix well.
- Combine the dry ingredients,add to egg mixture,combining well.
- Pour half of the batter in a hot,light oiled,waffle iror.
- Sprinkle half the sausage over batter.
- Cook apprx.
- 5 minutes,or until done.
- Repeat with remaining batter.