Thanks to my friend Erin for this lovely little concoction! A nice twist on traditional pico de gallo. The recipe is loose.....feel free to put the word 'about' in front of each item on the ingredient list. To save some calories, you can simply omit the balsamic vinaigrette and add a little lime juice. Very tasty either way! Particularly nice served poolside with a frozen drink!
- 2 -3 cups tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can white shoepeg corn
- 2 medium jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinaigrette (or to taste..or omit...or sub 3-4 Tbsp fresh lime juice!)
- Combine all ingredients.
- Chill at least one hour.
- Serve with your favorite tortilla chips!