1/2 Photos of Fresh Salsa Verde
2 hrs 10 mins
This is another great recipe from Sabrosa which is a local entertainment and dining guide. The tomatillos give this an almost citrusy bite. It is a great sauce for spooning on tacos, serving with chips or garnishing your favorite soup or beans. Leave the seeds in the jalapeno if you want this really "hot".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the tomatillos, garlic, cilantro, green onions, jalapenos and salt in the blender or food processor container.
- 2Pulse until onions are processed, about 10 to 15 seconds.
- 3Pulse a few more times in needed, but be careful and not over process.
- 4Pour mixture into an airtight container, and chill for 1 to 2 hours before serving to allow the flavors to blend.
- 5Before serving, add the cubed avocado.
- 6The cook time reflects the chilling time.
Browse Our Top Garnishes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Salsa Verde
Serving Size: 1 (780 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.7
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 459.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.8 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 5.5 g