Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This salsa is very flavorful and we make it every summer with garden tomatoes. I got this recipe from a friend years ago.
- 12 cups ripe tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups chopped green peppers
- 1⁄2-1 cup diced jalapeno (leave seeds in)
- 5 cloves minced garlic
- 4 medium white onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄8 tablespoons canning salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- Simmer all ingredients until thick.
- Seal in hot, sterile jars and place in hot water bath for 15 minutes.
- Makes 6 pints.
- One cup jalapenos makes rather warm salsa, use 1/2 c.
- if you prefer milder.