Prep 40 mins
Cook 8 mins
From chef Jamie Oliver's show "Jamie at Home," episode "Tomatoes."
- 1⁄2 lb mixed heirloom tomato, various colors
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 small fresh red chili pepper, deseeded and chopped finely (optional)
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, grated
- 1 lb fusilli
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, shredded by hand
- Cut tomatoes roughly into bite sized pieces. Toss into a colander. Sprinkle liberally with kosher salt. Toss well and allow to drain 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Add oregano, olive oil, vinegar, chili and garlic; toss well. Marinate 15 minutes. Using your hands, squish up the tomatoes.
- Meanwhile, prepare fusilli by adding to boiling salted water for 6-8 minutes or until cooked al dente. Drain well and add fusilli to tomatoes. Add fresh oregano and basil and serve.