Recipe by Irmgard
I made these omelets for Father's Day brunch and everyone said they were great. I don't usually make salsa from scratch but after tasting this one, I will continue to do so, unless I really need a lot! If you don't have time to make fresh salsa for this recipe, substitute 2 cups of your favourite store-bought brand.
- 8 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄3 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1⁄3 cup sweet green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the salsa, combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- To make the omelets, whisk together the eggs, 2 tablespoons water, salt and pepper just until blended but not frothy.
- In a 8" nonstick skillet, melt 1 teaspoons of the butter over medium heat.
- Pour one-quarter of the egg mixture into the skillet.
- Cook until almost set, gently lifting the edge with the spatula to allow any uncooked eggs to flow underneath, about 3 minutes.
- Spoon 1/3 cup of the salsa onto half of the omelet, then sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the cheese over the salsa.
- Fold the uncovered half over the top.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Slide onto a plate.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Serve with the remaining salsa.