- 1⁄2 lb mixed heirloom tomato, various colors
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 small fresh red chili pepper, deseeded and chopped finely (optional)
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut tomatoes roughly into bite sized pieces. Toss into a colander. Sprinkle liberally with kosher salt. Toss well and allow to drain 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Add oregano, olive oil, vinegar, chili and garlic; toss well. Marinate 15 minutes.
- Roughly chop the tomatoes with the coriander. Stir in lemon juice. Serve with fish or chicken.