Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I'm in place where neither lime nor cilantro is easy to find, but I have a lot of recipes that require salsa. So, I've finally got a salsa recipe for myself with these restrictions that I really love and want to share with you all :)
- 2 ripe medium tomatoes
- 3 -5 small hot peppers
- 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh parsley
- 1 small onion
- 2 garlic cloves or 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes or 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Chop and combine all ingredients.
- If using the salsa plain, I prefer to simmer it in a saucepan for 20 minutes or until the onions are cooked. If using it in another recipe that involved cooking, I skip this step.
- If a smooth salsa is desired, blend in a blender as needed.
- Cooked, it can keep for several weeks in the fridge.
- Feel free to substitute the parsley with cilantro and add the lime juice if you like of course! Adjust the spices and peppers to your taste. This combination is a little hot, especially if you use 5 jalapenos! Enjoy <3.