Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Oh yummm, this fresh salsa is so good. Remember, the green chile peppers vary in heat, so use discretion.
- 2 large tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onions
- 3 tablespoons chopped celery (*I use celery seed for a more mild flavor)
- 3 tablespoons chopped green peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chili peppers
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley or 1 tablespoon cilantro (**I recommend that you use cilantro.)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- In a medium size bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, celery, green pepper, chile peppers, mustard seed, parsley or cilantro, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Stir in oil.
- Refrigerate and allow flavors to blend for a few hours before serving.
Simple and easy recipe. I used this in Recipe #122528.I added green onions too. Turned out great. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
I'm a salsa lover. This was the best I've ever had. Thank you!
We like heat in my house so I added some of my habarano sauce. I also doubled the recipe and it dissappear.I also agree cilantro is a MUST. And I used red bell peppers instead of green I just like the sweetness of them. GOOD STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!