Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe for salsa was a spanish assignment during my senior year in high school. We had to translate it and the make it. If you don't like spicy foods, add a lot of lime juice, and then you have a fresh citrusy salsa that isn't spicy.
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1⁄2 large green pepper, stemmed and seeded
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jalapeno, stemmed, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon oil
- salt and pepper
- Put the first five things in a food processor.
- Blend to desired constiancy.
- In a bowl mix the veggies with all of the other stuff.
- Eat fresh or chill overnight to let the flavors mix.
Easy & good. I added the green onions late in the process because I didn't want them as fine as the garlic, jalapeno, & tomatoes, but otherwise made no changes. Made for Fall '09 Pick A Chef.