Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Just a basic salsa/garnish that can be used on any number of dishes; nachos, tacos, omelettes, potatos, etc. Adjust the jalapenos, chilis, and Tabasco to suit your own taste. I prefer this with a lot of cilantro - it adds a fresh tang that offsets the heat nicely. The prep time does not include letting it sit for a day to let the flavors blend.
- 4 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 6 -8 green onions, chopped
- 6 jalapeno peppers, minced very fine
- 3⁄4-1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 -4 small dried red chilies, crushed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 -4 dashes Tabasco sauce
- Chop all ingredients and blend well.
- When mincing the jalapenos, I would suggest either wearing gloves or coating you hands with oil before chopping to prevent you hands from stinging for the next day.
- Let the salsa refrigerate for 24 hours, stirring occasionally with a fork to break up the tomato.