Recipe by KillerTasteBuds
I got this recipe from my sister in law. It has become a staple during summer camping trips. It's great to eat on hash browns, any Mexican dish, and of course with chips.
Top Review by WiGal
Yummy... still smacking my lips. Made a half cup batch yesterday so the flavors would meld a bit, and ate it with tortilla chips. Did reduce the onion and skipped the oil but am convinced that this is great salsa. Thanks KillerTasteBuds for sharing. Made for PAC Spring 2010 baby.
- 6 tomatoes
- 1 cup onion
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 sweet bell pepper
- 1 hot chili peppers or 1 (4 ounce) canchopped chilies
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice or 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice tomatoes, onion, garlic clove, and peppers, and combine in a bowl.
- Add oil, lemon juice, cumin, salt, pepper and cilantro.
- Adjust tastes as needed.
- Note: If you have the time, let it sit over night or for a few hours, the flavors will combine and become stronger.It's then a little easier to tell what needs to be added or adjusted.
- Store in refrigerator.